Mobile menu

Article: Time Management and the Art of Saying No
Thread poster: Staff Staff
Local time: 10:32
Sep 19, 2008

This topic is for discussion of the translation article "Time Management and the Art of Saying No".

Direct link Reply with quote

Mike (de Oliveira) Brady  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Portuguese to English
Consider making recommendations Dec 22, 2008

Another possibility that may be useful to consider is responding with a recommendation of another translator whose work you trust for the client to deal with directly. While there is the possibility that you may lose the client to that other translator, there will also be times when your colleague will put work in your direction.

Sometimes I have had clients ask me to interpret, which is not a service I provide. In these cases I've also recommended colleagues.

You could also direct clients you cannot satisfy to this site, of course.

I think that when a client has a translation task they value your support in completing it even if you don't end up doing the translation yourself.

David Zhang  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:32
English to Chinese
Only for a senior freelancer Oct 6, 2009

Those are really good and useful advices for a senior freelancer.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Article: Time Management and the Art of Saying No

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs