global directory of translation services
 The translation workplace

Thread poster: Staff
Article: Subtitling - basic principles Staff
Local time: 07:43
Jun 26, 2005

This topic is for discussion of the translation article "Subtitling - basic principles".

Direct link Reply with quote

Local time: 17:43
Romanian to English
+ ...
Subtitles' summarisation Aug 16, 2008

I do not agree with it for one single and SIMPLE (e.g., well, complex, actually) reason: it leads to... beepee adaptations. I mean, without such beepee adaptations, you wouldn't have to maintain that 'Cum de se poate traduce atat de aberant din engleza?' thread here, now, would you? Well, it's all based on excessive sumarisation, not to mention on the poor knowledge of the English slang and regionalisms, and such, that the subtitler has.

Watch more TV, fellow Romanian 'prozians', and especially Romanian channels. You'll get my point...

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Article: Subtitling - basic principles

MasterWord Translator & Interpreter Training – Get CEUs ONLINE
Meet your continuing education requirement with our live and on-demand interpreter and translator training.

From Cultural Competency to specialized terminology, MasterWord offers professional development for interpreters and translators both in-person or online. A variety of health care interpreter trainings are now available on-demand.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »