Thread poster: islander1974
islander1974
islander1974
Canada
French to English
+ ...
Dec 31, 2007

Hi all

I have been authorized to take the ATIO French-English certification exam after quite a lengthy and fiddly process of pulling together references, job letters, and diplomas... Not unlike applying for university - haven't done that for a few years!!

At least I've crossed one hurdle. The only problem is, the notice is really short - the sitting is in Toronto on Jan 21. Apparently this info was mailed to me on Dec 17 but it just arrived this weekend.

... See more
Hi all

I have been authorized to take the ATIO French-English certification exam after quite a lengthy and fiddly process of pulling together references, job letters, and diplomas... Not unlike applying for university - haven't done that for a few years!!

At least I've crossed one hurdle. The only problem is, the notice is really short - the sitting is in Toronto on Jan 21. Apparently this info was mailed to me on Dec 17 but it just arrived this weekend.

From what I've heard, the exam is really hard to pass, even for translators with real-world experience like myself. I know very little about the exam and have never laid eyes on a past paper.

Do you think I should ask them if I can do the exam at a future sitting - given how pricy it is for my plane ticket and exam fee? I don't want to head out on a pointless mission here. I'm not that rich!!

Cheers and all the best for 2008!!
Collapse

PRen (X)
PRen (X)
Canada
Local time: 17:34
French to English
+ ...
Is this the CTTIC exam Dec 31, 2007

Are you writing an ATIO exam or is this the CTTIC certification exam? If so, you can ask to write the exam in your home town if you arrange for an invigilator and location and they give their approval of the arrangement (university professor, for example). It's certainly worth asking.

islander1974
islander1974
Canada
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jan 2, 2008

Thanks PRen. I'm just noticing this reply. It is actually the ATIO exam, but I'm going to check out the idea you just gave me about the CTTIC. Happy new year!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
NancyLynn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ATIO French-English exam dilemma

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »