China Academy of Translation

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "China Academy of Translation".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

甜瓜
甜瓜  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 17:03
English to Chinese
A useless agency Aug 1, 2014

I do not think it could play a major role in the process of opening.

Arianne Farah
Arianne Farah  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 05:03
Member (2008)
English to French
Well... Aug 2, 2014

They've yet to offer me a job

And the last time I was approached by a Chinese company I 1) told them I would need a visa to work in China & 2) told them I would expect an international salary.............. what they came back to me as a full salary was less than my rent! expect some doozies from the Youth Olympic Games in Nanjing! (for the record, I was a t
... See more
They've yet to offer me a job

And the last time I was approached by a Chinese company I 1) told them I would need a visa to work in China & 2) told them I would expect an international salary.............. what they came back to me as a full salary was less than my rent! expect some doozies from the Youth Olympic Games in Nanjing! (for the record, I was a translator for the Youth Olympics and the Vancouver Olympics in 2010 so fully qualified).
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

China Academy of Translation

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »