medical texts and terminology
Thread poster: Paulina Kocenko
Paulina Kocenko
Local time: 08:59
Polish to English
+ ...
Apr 10, 2008

Hello,
I am currently writing my M.A. thesis and I need some information about the characteristics of medical texts and terminology.

If you know or have any resources, please e-mail to me pkocenko@interia.pl or just answer this post.

Thanks a lot!

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxLia Fail  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
genre Apr 10, 2008

Paulina Kocenko wrote:

Hello,
I am currently writing my M.A. thesis and I need some information about the characteristics of medical texts and terminology.

If you know or have any resources, please e-mail to me pkocenko@interia.pl or just answer this post.

Thanks a lot!

Genre is a good starting point. You could take a selection of medical journals (many are open access after 6-12 months) and see what kind of genres are covered: editorials, case reports, original research, etc

MGL  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Russian to English
there is a book that might be of help Apr 10, 2008

St. Jerome Publishing has a book called "Medical Translation Step by Step." Not sure if it will suit your needs, but might be something worth taking a look at.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

medical texts and terminology

Advanced search

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs