TRADOS T-window encountered an error finding PowerPoint. Unable to continue.
Thread poster: peterinmadrid
peterinmadrid
peterinmadrid  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 09:17
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 19, 2008

I have got the following error message when I try to open T-Window for Power Point:
"TRADOS T-window encountered an error finding PowerPoint. Unable to continue."
Does anyone know how to resolve this without re-installing Trados or Office? I do have PowerPoint installed, but when I open files by clicking on them they always open with PowerPoint viewer rather than PowerPoint. I think this might be part of the problem. To open a file in PowerPoint I have to open PowerPoint first and
... See more
I have got the following error message when I try to open T-Window for Power Point:
"TRADOS T-window encountered an error finding PowerPoint. Unable to continue."
Does anyone know how to resolve this without re-installing Trados or Office? I do have PowerPoint installed, but when I open files by clicking on them they always open with PowerPoint viewer rather than PowerPoint. I think this might be part of the problem. To open a file in PowerPoint I have to open PowerPoint first and then open the file. I was thinking that perhaps if I could change the assigned program for opening .ppt files then this would change.
Collapse

Jan Willem van Dormolen (X)
Jan Willem van Dormolen (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
Possible solutions Oct 20, 2008

Well, pointing the system to PowerPoint itself again would indeed be a logical first step.

(You know how to do that? Hold shift, right-click a ppt-file, choose 'Open with', choose PowerPoint in the dialog that follows, make sure the option 'Always open with this program' is ticked)

If that doesn't work, start the Office setup program. No need to do a complete reinstall, just choose the Repair option, this should restore the PP-link. You should be able to find the setup
... See more
Well, pointing the system to PowerPoint itself again would indeed be a logical first step.

(You know how to do that? Hold shift, right-click a ppt-file, choose 'Open with', choose PowerPoint in the dialog that follows, make sure the option 'Always open with this program' is ticked)

If that doesn't work, start the Office setup program. No need to do a complete reinstall, just choose the Repair option, this should restore the PP-link. You should be able to find the setup program in the configuration screen, option Add or Remove Software or Programs or whatever it is called in your Windows version.

If that fails too, then I'm afraid you'll have to reinstall Trados (not Office, since you've already repaired its installation above).

Best of luck.
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
More details, please Oct 20, 2008

Peter,
Unfortuntately, you did not indicate the versions of Trados and PowerPoint you're using. Can you please do so (as requested on the page used to post a new topic in this forum)?

Thanks, Ralf

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
PowerPont and T-Window? Oct 23, 2008

Hi Peter,
why don't you just translate a PowerPoint file in TagEditor?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS T-window encountered an error finding PowerPoint. Unable to continue.

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »