TXT-files in Tag Editor
Thread poster: JoeFixit
JoeFixit
JoeFixit  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:45
English to Norwegian
Oct 29, 2008

Hi all.

Is it possible to translate plain .txt files in Tag Editor? I receive a message saying that TagEditor cannot open the file because it is an unknown format.

Cheers,
Bjørn

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 15:45
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Should work Oct 29, 2008

I just tried. It has to be a proper file, not one that is only named .txt.
Can you open it in Word?
Regards
Heinrich

Spiros Doikas
Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:45
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
Yes, it does Oct 29, 2008

What is your version?

Failing that, save it as doc or html file first and once translated, save as txt (or paste to notepad).

Rahi Moosavi
Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:45
Member (2004)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Just out of curiosity Oct 29, 2008

Hi

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to translate a TXT file with TagEditor? wouldn't translating it in Word be the same?

Best

Rahi

JoeFixit
JoeFixit  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:45
English to Norwegian
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Oct 29, 2008

I have version 7.5.

Well, the client gave me a .txt-file and told me to do it in Tag Editor. I have already cut and pasted it into word, so I simply wanted to know whether or not you could actually do it. Saving as .html would actually be the solution here, thanks.

The text was something that the client wanted to post on the Internet.. some sort of questionnaire or something. I think Word messes up the coding somehow. When writing HTML, it is always better to write it
... See more
I have version 7.5.

Well, the client gave me a .txt-file and told me to do it in Tag Editor. I have already cut and pasted it into word, so I simply wanted to know whether or not you could actually do it. Saving as .html would actually be the solution here, thanks.

The text was something that the client wanted to post on the Internet.. some sort of questionnaire or something. I think Word messes up the coding somehow. When writing HTML, it is always better to write it in a simple text editor like NotePad.

Thanks for the speedy replies!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TXT-files in Tag Editor

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »