Mobile menu

Split .ttx Files for TagEditor
Thread poster: jose_jovena
English to Spanish
Oct 29, 2008

Hi all,

I'm new in this forum, and I hope that from now on, I can help and get helped from other translators.

As the topic subject reads, I'd like to know if there's any possible way to split .ttx files with TagEditor. I know SDLX has a function which does so, but I'd like to know if there's an easier way. Thank you very much for your support.

Direct link Reply with quote

Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:25
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
ttxpress or manual split Oct 29, 2008

You can simply save the ttx file with another name, and delete part of the document text after disabling tag protection. Repeat the same procedure for the other half, etc.

Alternatively, you can use a little application, to export ttx as Word file and see if that helps

[Edited at 2008-10-29 16:44]

[Edited at 2008-10-29 16:46]

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 09:25
English to Czech
+ ...
PlusToyz Nov 3, 2008

Hi, you can use PlusToyz to convert TTX to DOC, split this DOC into several DOC files and open these in TagEditor.

United States
Local time: 00:25
German to English
I have the same problem Dec 19, 2008

I have a huge ttx file to translate and I need to split it into several smaller files because my system cannot handle the nig ttx file.

I tried TTXpress and after installing it found nothing. I mean, how do I open it? Is it supposed to be a toolbar in Word? If so, where is it? I see nothing different and have no clue how to use this program which mysteriously installed itself somewhere without telling me where.

When I try to use Plustoyz I simply get the message:
"The macros in this project are disabled..."
and of course with no help at all on how to enable them.

I have been trying to split this monster file for a week and cannot do so, and I fear if I do not find a solution quickly, I will be in really big trouble. If someone can help, I would appreciate it.

Sushan Harshe
Local time: 12:55
English to Hindi
+ ...
activating micros Dec 20, 2008

Hi Jose,
You need to use the "Templates and Add Inns" from Tools Menu to add the new micros. and set micro security to medium. I hope your plug inn will work fine.

Am trying to give you an idea, how to set the plug-inn.
When you will click the downloaded exe from your explorer, you will see this msg.

Open Word and click on, Tools>Templates and Add-Ins you will see this window.

Click Add, and select the TTXpress dot.

You will see the plug inn

From open menu select the ttx file

and then after you know how to work in it.

[Edited at 2008-12-20 17:06 GMT]

English to Spanish
I splitted it! Dec 20, 2008

Hi mjragland,

I needed to split the ttx files, as I had to give the text to 4 different translators and I needed to make the analyse of the different pieces of it. I managed to do it thanks to Spiros' comment about disabling the protection of the tags and document: I exported the file into a .doc and use Find and Replace for deleting all the tag marks and get a document with the plain text. That way I could count with Word and find the segments where I had to split the tags by. And that way I made different ttx files out of a single one.

The best thing to do it is by selecting the piece of text (the one you want to turn into a single ttx) and cutting it, and then select the rest of the file, and with that selection made, paste the piece you cut on it.

Probably I didn't explain myself very clearly, but I hope it helps.

Sushan Harshe
Local time: 12:55
English to Hindi
+ ...
Hey mjragland, the steps are for you and not for Jose!! am sorry Dec 21, 2008

mjragland wrote:

I tried TTXpress and after installing it found nothing. I mean, how do I open it? Is it supposed to be a toolbar in Word?......... If someone can help, I would appreciate it.

The below given steps are for your problem in activeting micros in Word.

[Edited at 2008-12-21 17:28 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Split .ttx Files for TagEditor

Advanced search

Translation news

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs