Mobile menu

need a help regarding "Translation and Intertextuality"
Thread poster: xxxsozana
Local time: 08:29
English to Arabic
+ ...
Nov 3, 2008

Hello All,
I'm a student of translation and i'm going to start a study concerned in translation intertextuality in Arabic poetry as a requirement of graduation. in fact, i'm so confused and dont know how to begin, so i need the help from those who are interested in this subject or anyone can show me the right way and guide me well. i need to know how this subject should be studied, how it should be discussed and how i should analyse the data and discuss it. tell me please if it is right to study the effect produced on the source reader of the intertextual expressions in comparison to that produced of the target reader of the translated same intertextual expressions.
any suggestions or ideas are welcomed.
thank you all

[Edited at 2008-11-03 20:24]

Direct link Reply with quote

Dr. Birgitte Eggeling  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:29
German to Danish
what is intertextuality at all? Nov 4, 2008

Dear Sozana,
My written English is very poor, but I can give it a try.
The intertextuality is a further feature showing the dependence of one text to other texts. With other words gives this feature us the information to what kind of text this text belongs. How can you see, that a text is poetry for example? In what way is a technical text a representative of technical texts? What do they have in common? What kind of features distinguishes poetry from technical texts?
When we for instance translate a legal text it is important that we use exactly the words, and the contruction of the sentence in the target language, which is characteristic for the legal language. Key words are here terminologically equivalency in source/target language.
I hope this can help you to go on, but otherwise ask your professor.
Kind regards and good luck

[Bearbeitet am 2008-11-04 07:10]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

need a help regarding "Translation and Intertextuality"

Advanced search

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs