Website Analysis
Thread poster: Ahmed Ismail

Ahmed Ismail  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 17:04
English to Arabic
+ ...
Oct 14, 2003

How can I analyse a website by extracting the text, graphics..etc and also to get an accurate word count?

Thanks
Ahmed

Direct link Reply with quote

Sonja Tomaskovic  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
CatsCradle Oct 14, 2003

Ahmed Reda wrote:

How can I analyse a website by extracting the text, graphics..etc and also to get an accurate word count?

Thanks
Ahmed

You should try to use CatsCradle, a free software that enables you to extract websites and translate them. It also counts words in these files (and only those words that have to be translated).

You can download it from:
www.stormdance.freeserve.co.uk

Regards,

Sonja Tomaskovic

RWSTranslation
Germany
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Text ok, Graphics Oct 14, 2003

Hello,

there are a lot of tolls for count the text, i think most of them will count a little bit different. Counting of text in graphic file seems difficult or impossible.

Most of the translation memory systems will give you a word count and some additional information about the text.

Hans

Ahmed Ismail  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanx Oct 15, 2003

Sonja Tomaskovic wrote:

Ahmed Reda wrote:

Thanks
Ahmed

You should try to use CatsCradle, a free software that enables you to extract websites and translate them. It also counts words in these files (and only those words that have to be translated).

You can download it from:
www.stormdance.freeserve.co.uk

Regards,

Sonja Tomaskovic

Thank you Sonja
I think this helps but i have to download the site first on my hard disk, right?

Sonja Tomaskovic  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Download with CC Oct 15, 2003

Ahmed Reda wrote:

Thank you Sonja
I think this helps but i have to download the site first on my hard disk, right?

Yes, definitely. However, CC should have a built-in function that allows you to conveniently grab all necessary files.

Regards,

Sonja

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Website Analysis

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums