Help with Winamp
Thread poster: aneta_xh
aneta_xh
aneta_xh  Identity Verified
English to Albanian
+ ...
May 8, 2004

I have an assignement to hear a conversation from a CD, and then translate it.
After I begin to hear it, I get a message:

File cannot be open.
I always received the following message:

Error initializing Data base!!!!

Then I received the following message:

The Instruction at “0x03cf826d” referenced memorry at “0x00000028”. The memory could not be “r
... See more
I have an assignement to hear a conversation from a CD, and then translate it.
After I begin to hear it, I get a message:

File cannot be open.
I always received the following message:

Error initializing Data base!!!!

Then I received the following message:

The Instruction at “0x03cf826d” referenced memorry at “0x00000028”. The memory could not be “read”.
Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program.

When I clicked on CANCEL to debug the program, i got the following message:

Winamp.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created.

I have updated my Winamp version and still does not work.

Could you please help me with this matter? I am able to hear it OK first, then I get the above messages. Thank you for your assistance.

Ani

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-05-08 20:01]
Collapse

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:19
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Try iTunes May 8, 2004

Hello Ani,
First, you might want to download the latest version of the program that you are using.

I had a similar problem about a month ago and I installed iTunes on my computer (it is free: http://www.apple.com/itunes/ ).

After that, I was able to listen to my CD (using iTunes) without any problems at all.

You might want to try this and see if this works.
... See more
Hello Ani,
First, you might want to download the latest version of the program that you are using.

I had a similar problem about a month ago and I installed iTunes on my computer (it is free: http://www.apple.com/itunes/ ).

After that, I was able to listen to my CD (using iTunes) without any problems at all.

You might want to try this and see if this works.

Monika
Collapse

Stuart Allsop
Stuart Allsop  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 04:19
Spanish to English
+ ...
Try Real One or Windows Media Player instead May 9, 2004

If Winamp refuses to play it, then you could try using some other media player instead. Windows Media Player works with pretty much everything, and Real One Player is not far behind. Quicktime might work too.

Nigel Skipper (X)
Nigel Skipper (X)
Local time: 10:19
Swedish to English
Stick to Windows Media Player May 9, 2004

If you're running one of MS' operative systems (Windows xx) then there's really no reason to use anything other than the latest Media Player (currently 9.0)- it can play just about anything you throw at it.

WinAmp is one of Gators' products and is usually swamped with data-miners (advertising pop-ups using hidden cookies).

//Nigel

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
I perfectly agree with Nigel May 9, 2004

Nigel Skipper wrote:

If you're running one of MS' operative systems (Windows xx) then there's really no reason to use anything other than the latest Media Player (currently 9.0)- it can play just about anything you throw at it.

WinAmp is one of Gators' products and is usually swamped with data-miners (advertising pop-ups using hidden cookies).

//Nigel
I perfectly agree with Nigel, Realone might cost too much of memory. I have both. ITunes is not bad either, demands subscription price sometimes though.brandis

cologne
cologne  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Swedish
+ ...
Reinstall May 10, 2004

I've had the same problem with Winamp and I ended up reinstalling it. It now works perfectly fine and I have to say I prefer Winamp to the Media/ RealOne player.

A hint: save your file in a play list, then you're still able to play it if this error message appears ago. It only stops you from entering the media library, at least that was what happened to me.

aneta_xh
aneta_xh  Identity Verified
English to Albanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much May 12, 2004

You guys are so great and helpful. I had a friend who reinstalled the Winamp and to my surprise, it worked perfectly.
And the thing that really impressed me was your willingness to help, thank you, it is very much appreciated.

Have a nice day,
Ani

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with Winamp

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »