Thread poster: Estelle Demontrond-Box

Estelle Demontrond-Box  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:55
Member (2005)
English to French
+ ...
Mar 2, 2005

Hi everybody!

Could any one give me references of books on how to translate children's material (esp. babies' books), or tips and suggestions?
I translate from English to French but welcome any piece of advice!
Thank you for your help!

Direct link Reply with quote

NataliaElo  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:55
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Riitta Oittinen Mar 2, 2005

A Finnish scholar, translator, teacher.

Try to search Internet.

Another name - Tiina Puurtinen.

Good luck,

German to English
check websites that deal with child development phases Mar 2, 2005

I think it would be helpful to read a bit about child language development phases just to give you a context on what lanuaging the babies/children will "understand".
An internet search will quickly bring you to this info in French or English. Specifically I'm thinking about sites that break it down into age groups (of course it's just a general rule what phases correspond to what ages but it should help you a bit).
have fun, I just translated the first few chapters of a book for teenagers and thoroughly enjoyed it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating children's books

Advanced search

Translation news

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs