Mobile menu

Invitation to Neology Questionnaire for research project
Thread poster: Isodynamia
Local time: 02:45
English to Greek
+ ...
Apr 11, 2005

Dear colleagues and friends,

I am conducting a questionnaire for my MA dissertation on the translation of English neologisms in scientific, technological and IT texts.
The purpose of this research project is to explore and understand better the difficulties professional translators encounter in understanding neologisms, and the resources and strategies they use to translate them. Completion of the questionnaire takes about 7-10 minutes and is voluntary. Your name and data will be held in strict confidentiality.

I would appreciate if you would take some time to complete my questionnaire at

Thank you in advance,

Constantina Yiokari

[Edited at 2005-04-11 07:14]

Thank you for your replies and interest so far. I have been receiving many comments asking if I will publish the results as this is a subject of major interest for many technical translators.

I will indeed publish the results at the end of the project. Please take the time to answer the questionnaire since more responses mean a better reflection of the situation. I am asking for your email only to send you the results at the end of the project. There are no mandatory fields, i.e. you may leave any field blank if you don't wish to answer it.

Thank you again for your support!

[Edited at 2005-04-11 10:18]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Invitation to Neology Questionnaire for research project

Advanced search

Translation news

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs