Comparing Excel files
Thread poster: Michael Deliso
Michael Deliso
Michael Deliso  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:29
Italian to English
+ ...
Jun 24, 2005

Can someone explain to me how to compare two excel files side by side so to view and compare errors and/or differences? just like it can be done with Word..

Prisma
Prisma
English to Swedish
+ ...
2 windows in Excel Jun 24, 2005

Michael,

1. Open the two files you would like to compare in Excel.
2. From the "Window" menu in Excel, choose "Arrange..." then "vertical".

Your files will now appear side by side.

Good Luck!

Can Altinbay
Can Altinbay  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:29
Japanese to English
+ ...
In memoriam
A rather indirect approach Jun 24, 2005

There's a "merge" facility in Excel, but the files have to be versions of the same file (see their Help pages for better details). I'm sure someone will come up with something more brilliant that this, but just a couple of days ago, I saved them as CSV files and put them through a diff utility. I like WinMerge, which is free from http://winmerge.sourceforge.net/. If you Google appropriately, you migh... See more
There's a "merge" facility in Excel, but the files have to be versions of the same file (see their Help pages for better details). I'm sure someone will come up with something more brilliant that this, but just a couple of days ago, I saved them as CSV files and put them through a diff utility. I like WinMerge, which is free from http://winmerge.sourceforge.net/. If you Google appropriately, you might find something that does Excel files directly, there used to be a Word comparison tool, but it cost money, and Word's merger worked well enough for me.Collapse

Michael Deliso
Michael Deliso  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:29
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Comparing Excel files Jun 25, 2005

Thanks for the help..I'll try either one of them..

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Comparing Excel files

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »