Mobile menu

How to work in PDF file?
Thread poster: Lise Berthiaume
Lise Berthiaume
Canada
Local time: 18:26
English to French
Nov 11, 2005

I have a non-disclosure to fill. I have Acrobat pro but I do not know how to be able to fill the form. They ask my pairs and to put my name and to sign it. Is someone can help me?

Thank you,

Lise

Direct link Reply with quote

Cintia Pecellin  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:26
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
Distiller Nov 11, 2005

Acrobat Distiller will allow you to do pretty much any editing task within a PDF file. There are other options, like saving to Word, Notepad, etc., but they don't always work; Distiller does.

Good luck!
Zyntia.

Siegfried Armbruster  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Use the simple method Nov 11, 2005

print it
fill it in
fax it / send it by snail mail, scan it and send it by email

Lise Berthiaume
Canada
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Distiller Nov 11, 2005

I tried to save it in word but it did not work. I have distiller but I do not know what to do with it. I could not open the file. I think that I will print it and scan it.

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Acrobat Form Filler Nov 11, 2005

Select the ‘hand’ tool.
Position the pointer inside a form field, and click. The I-beam pointer allows you to type text. If your pointer appears as a pointing finger, you can select a button, a checkbox, a radio button or an item from the list.

After entering text o rmaking a selection, do one of the following:

Press Tab or Shift+Tab to accept the form field change and go to the next or previous field.

Press Enter (Windows) or Return (Mac OS) to accept the text form field change and deselect the current field. If the current field is a check box, pressing Enter or Return turns the check box on or off. In a multiline text form field, pressing Enter or Return creates a paragraph return in the same form field. You can use Enter on the keypad to accept the change.

Press Escape to reject the form field change and deselect the current form field. If you are in Full Screen mode, pressing Escape a second time causes you to exit Full Screen mode.

Once you have filled in the appropriate form fields, do one of the following:
Click the Submit Form button, if one exists. The button may be named differently, depending on the form author. Clicking this button sends the form data to a database across the Web or over your company intranet Choose File > Save As, and rename the file to save the form with the data you entered.
Export the form data.

In case you need any additional information, just look for 'Form Filling" in the Acrobat Help.

[Edited at 2005-11-11 23:48]

Lise Berthiaume
Canada
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Nov 13, 2005

I will try. But should I use the distiller for that? Or Acrobat pro will do the same job?

I will try for sure. An other question is it possible that I can not work in that document?

Have a nice day,

Lise

[Edited at 2005-11-13 16:36]

Veronika Hansova  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2006)
English to Czech
+ ...
PDF - intended for reading only Nov 22, 2005

Lise Berthiaume wrote:
An other question is it possible that I can not work in that document?
Lise

[Edited at 2005-11-13 16:36]

PDF files are primarily intended for reading only, therefore you can for instance send invoices in this file so that the receiving party can only open them, print them etc. without being allowed to edit them.
My answer is: all the softs as Distiller, Form Filler etc. are only additional sort of "plug-ins" to crack the non-editable file.
For your purpose try to save it as Word (but you said it does not work - strange...). Make sure you really have Adobe Acrobat Professional - and not only the Reader! Or if you have ABBYY Fine Reader - try that one. It treats any document (scanned texts, jpg, pdf...) as a picture and it detects any kind of text on it. But this will break the format for sure.
Another thing - there are two types of pdf's - one is a text converted in textual pdf - that one should be of no problem to crack or save as Word. Another one is a text converted in picture in pdf (i.e. the whole page behaves like a compact picture) and there is no way how to get into it, unless you have the full version of the ABBY Fine Reader - and this breaks down the format). I use the second type for the invoices BUT as it happens quite often, the order party does not know how to work with pdf and they convert the text in this second type just by mistake.
I would suggest you to contact them and ask them for sending the form in other format since it does not make sense to send something that should be filled or edited in the format that is primarily intended for not being edited.
Good luck!

Lise Berthiaume
Canada
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Veronika Nov 22, 2005

I think the form was locked because I had to sign it. I tried to convert it, I tried Acrobat pro and distiller but nothing to do. So I scanned it, I signed it, I scanned it and I send it as an attached piece.

I tried to work with other PDF file with my acrobat and there was no problems. So I think that it was locked.

Thank you and have a nice day,

Lise

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to work in PDF file?

Advanced search

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs