Thread poster: Catherine GUILLIAUMET

Catherine GUILLIAUMET  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:06
English to French
+ ...
Dec 26, 2005

Dear colleagues.
Hope that you enjoyed Xmas.
I have a problem with Adobe Reader 7.0 (AR7) that I've downloaded a few days ago on the new computer :
For a translation, I need to copy the URL of a site for my client. I found this relevant site on Google, then, when I click on the Google's hit, the AR7 opens automatically an independant window where the URL doesn't appear at all.
What can I do to be able to paste and copy that URL in my document ?
Thanks a lot in advance
Catherine

Direct link Reply with quote

Wouter van Kampen
Thailand
Local time: 23:06
Danish to Dutch
+ ...
right-click > .... Dec 26, 2005

position cursor over link (in Google result page) > right-click > properties > Link Properties > shift + left arrow (select) > Ctrl + C

Go to your document > position cursor > Ctrl + V

Done

Otherwise bookmark link and look up url in Bookmarks > Manage bookmarks

Both procedures work for Firefox. Proceed in Internet Explorer accordingly.

HTH

Catherine GUILLIAUMET wrote:

Dear colleagues.
I have a problem with Adobe Reader 7.0 (AR7) that I've downloaded a few days ago on the new computer :
For a translation, I need to copy the URL of a site for my client. I found this relevant site on Google, then, when I click on the Google's hit, the AR7 opens automatically an independant window where the URL doesn't appear at all.
Thanks a lot in advance
Catherine

Victor Potapov
Russian Federation
Local time: 19:06
English to Russian
+ ...
Try this... Dec 26, 2005

1. Right-click on the google link.
2. Select "Properties" from the dropdown menu
3. In the window that will pop up select the url (make sure to extend your selection to the end of the link if it's a long link that does not fit on one line within that window).
4. Press Control-C.
5. Paste in the email you are writing.

Should work!

Victor.

Catherine GUILLIAUMET wrote:

Dear colleagues.
Thanks a lot in advance
Catherine

Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:06
German to French
copy adress Dec 26, 2005

titi@home wrote:

position cursor over link (in Google result page) > right-click > properties > Link Properties > shift + left arrow (select) > Ctrl + C

More simple : right-click on the link in the result page and select "copy adress of the link". Then paste wherever you want.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HELP with ADOBE READER 7.0 !! (urgent)

Advanced search

Translation news

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs