How do I perform a word count of Illustrator files?
Thread poster: Tobi
Tobi
Tobi
Local time: 02:54
English to German
+ ...
Mar 4, 2006

Hello,

I've translated a project, which came as a scanned PDF file. The agency prepared Illustrator files (eps), which I edited within Illsutrator. Now, I don't know how to count the words except I do it manually. Saving the PDF as text is not possible. OCR is also not possible because the pages contain lots of graphics with text in between.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance,

Tobi

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-03-
... See more
Hello,

I've translated a project, which came as a scanned PDF file. The agency prepared Illustrator files (eps), which I edited within Illsutrator. Now, I don't know how to count the words except I do it manually. Saving the PDF as text is not possible. OCR is also not possible because the pages contain lots of graphics with text in between.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance,

Tobi

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-03-17 01:04]
Collapse

Olaf (X)
Olaf (X)
English to German
Cut and Paste Mar 4, 2006

If the text is not outlined and can be edited in AI, you can simply select the text in the text boxes and copy it to Word document and then count it.

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
There is one ECM plug-in for AI files Mar 5, 2006

Hi! check the localization forums Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I perform a word count of Illustrator files?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »