are there any online translation courses?
Thread poster: krishna mallick
krishna mallick
krishna mallick
India
Local time: 06:31
Japanese to English
+ ...
Aug 9, 2002

I would like to know whether there are any translation courses that are conducted through internet. Because it is not possible for me to go to another country and study there. Pls let me know if there are and also provide me the links/address, etc

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
Local time: 02:01
German to English
+ ...
yes... Aug 9, 2002

Check out:

http://www.logos.it/pls/dictionary/linguistic_resources.traduzione_en?lang=en

HTH

Alison

krishna mallick
krishna mallick
India
Local time: 06:31
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
sorry, I didn't mention that my pair is Japansese-English Aug 9, 2002

Please sugges me on this pair

Hiroko Haksever
Hiroko Haksever  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 04:01
English to Japanese
+ ...
Check below... Aug 9, 2002

http://www.babel.co.jp/online/online_top.htm

http://www.babel-unv.org/

Amy Sommer
Amy Sommer  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:01
French to English
+ ...
Distance courses Aug 9, 2002

I am doing a distance course with City University London. Don\'t know whether they offer Japanese - English, but they may as they have Chinese- English. Try their site on www.city.ac.uk/languages. Good luck!

Valeria Audivert
Valeria Audivert  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:01
Spanish to English
+ ...
City University London Aug 9, 2002

Amy,

how long does this program last? How do you like it?

Are there any other institution that you know about that do distance educatio to prepare for the Diploma in Translation?

Thanks!

Kay Fisher (X)
Kay Fisher (X)
German to English
+ ...
city uni and cardiff Nov 6, 2002

[quote]

Cardiff university offer french -> english preparation.

I did the city uni course german->english. Its designed for four terms; winter - easter - summer - winter, the second winter term is designed for \"revision\". All terms are paid for seperately so you have the option of deciding to continue at the end of each term (or not). I did the first three terms last academic year and for various reasons will do the last term 2003-4 in prep for the Jan 2004 exam. You get a previous paper each week to translate and the translation is commented. You can decide with your tutor wheter you need to concentrate on the general or technical paper (for me it was general). They also offer help with guidelines on annotations (which, btw., are now optional).

Charges are reasonable.

Quality of the course will depend on the tutor you have. I got valuable feedback from my tutor and pretty much agreed with her assessments. I can\'t comment on the success rate, obviously, as I haven\'t taken the exam yet.

Hope that helps.

Kay

vslavmir
vslavmir
United States
Local time: 21:01
English to Russian
+ ...
re: online translation Dec 4, 2002

I would like to know if anyone knows of a university for english-russian translation courses.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

are there any online translation courses?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »