What's an "Interface list" (liste d'interface)?
Thread poster: Tim van den Oudenhoven
Tim van den Oudenhoven
Tim van den Oudenhoven
Germany
Local time: 09:00
Member (2006)
English to Dutch
+ ...
May 27, 2006

Hey,

I just finished a large translation of 20-something html-files and after having delivered them, the client asked me if I would be so kind as to provide them with a translation of an "interface list" (he asked it in French, "liste d'interface").

Whilst I do consider myself to be kind enough to do this, I don't really have a clue what he means (and it's weekend, so can't ask him, wants it Monday, etc...). Is it a sort of translation of all the names of the html-file
... See more
Hey,

I just finished a large translation of 20-something html-files and after having delivered them, the client asked me if I would be so kind as to provide them with a translation of an "interface list" (he asked it in French, "liste d'interface").

Whilst I do consider myself to be kind enough to do this, I don't really have a clue what he means (and it's weekend, so can't ask him, wants it Monday, etc...). Is it a sort of translation of all the names of the html-files? Or a series of links?

Anyone here to enlighten me?

Thanks heaps in advance!

tim
Collapse

Endre Both
Endre Both  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
User interface strings? May 27, 2006

Hello Tim,

Was the translation related to a software interface by any chance? E.g. a computer application or a website?

If so, your client may mean a list of these interface items, e.g. menus, buttons, labels, etc. (as opposed to longer, descriptive text).

Endre

Tim van den Oudenhoven
Tim van den Oudenhoven
Germany
Member (2006)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Possible :-) May 27, 2006

hmm, well, the translation was a user's manual for a website that sends faxes... it did contain specific commands (which also needed to be translated) for the formatting of documents with which the website itself works (say "Addr" in English had to be "Adres" in Dutch), so I'm guessing it might be about the application interface as you say...

thanks!

Tim

Endre Both
Endre Both  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
Yes May 27, 2006

Tim van den Oudenhoven wrote:
...it did contain specific commands (which also needed to be translated) for the formatting of documents with which the website itself works (say "Addr" in English had to be "Adres" in Dutch)...

It's probably that then. They may need the list to ensure consistency with the actual interface or with future translations.

Endre

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What's an "Interface list" (liste d'interface)?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »