Thread poster: Alexandra Wahl
Alexandra Wahl
Alexandra Wahl  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:08
German to English
+ ...
Jun 1, 2006

I need to solve a problem concerning the proofreading of .isc-files (InDesign).

The translation was done with TagEditor. For the proofreading, I should return a file to the translator so that he can accept/reject the suggested changes. That means I have to provide a file with visible changes.

Is it possible to make the changes visible in InDesign? (I could use version 1.5 or the newest demoversion) or is there a workaround in Trados that I could use? (I use Trados 7.0)
... See more
I need to solve a problem concerning the proofreading of .isc-files (InDesign).

The translation was done with TagEditor. For the proofreading, I should return a file to the translator so that he can accept/reject the suggested changes. That means I have to provide a file with visible changes.

Is it possible to make the changes visible in InDesign? (I could use version 1.5 or the newest demoversion) or is there a workaround in Trados that I could use? (I use Trados 7.0). Is there a track changes tool in TagEditor?

Thanks,
Alexa
Collapse

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 08:08
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Accept/reject changes ... Jun 1, 2006

in InDesign result I would assume. This suggestion will be no help, but I would assume Indesign would have something similar to what Word has to compare versions.

The alternative ... Convert source and target isc to RTF, use word to compare (and indicate) differences, convert back to isc... in other words a project by itself. there must be a simpler way (see above).

Roberta Anderson
Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 08:08
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
My Track Changes workaround Jun 2, 2006

As far as I know, Track Changes is a feature of InCopy, but not of InDesign.
And Tag Editor does not have a Track Changes feature either.

To avoid format changes, I think the easiest way would be to give the translator your edited Tag Editor file.
He will open it with his own work TM loaded, which will not contain your changes.
By using the Translate to Fuzzy command, he will then be taken to all the segments which now do not match his TM anymore, i.e. the ones wit
... See more
As far as I know, Track Changes is a feature of InCopy, but not of InDesign.
And Tag Editor does not have a Track Changes feature either.

To avoid format changes, I think the easiest way would be to give the translator your edited Tag Editor file.
He will open it with his own work TM loaded, which will not contain your changes.
By using the Translate to Fuzzy command, he will then be taken to all the segments which now do not match his TM anymore, i.e. the ones with your corrections, while in the Workbench window he will see what his original translation was.
He can then either confirm your changes, or get his previous translation from his TM.

Hope this helps,
Roberta
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

.isc-files for proofreading

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »