https://www.proz.com/forum/translation_theory_and_practice/5569-trados%3A_keeping_the_source_and_the_translation_without_the_tags.html

Trados: Keeping the source and the translation without the Tags
Thread poster: Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:21
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Oct 7, 2002

Hello,

It\'s me again, having Trados related questions.

I am translating a webpage and the client wants me to keep the source text and the translation in the same page. How can I do this without having those tags in between and keeping the very same formatting?

Another thing, the client has asked me to keep the source text in blue and have the translation in red. I tried to do it while translating, but after I click on \"translate to fuzzy\", the translat
... See more
Hello,

It\'s me again, having Trados related questions.

I am translating a webpage and the client wants me to keep the source text and the translation in the same page. How can I do this without having those tags in between and keeping the very same formatting?

Another thing, the client has asked me to keep the source text in blue and have the translation in red. I tried to do it while translating, but after I click on \"translate to fuzzy\", the translation gets blue again

Is there a way to keep the translation in red letters? If not, I guess I have to do it manually..

Thank you so much in advance.

Monika

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-10-08 15:00 ]
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:21
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Colours for translated text Oct 7, 2002

From \"Options\" select \"Translated text colours\" and choose red for source text and blue for both fuzzy and 100% match.

To get source text and translated text in two lines of a document (and to make them blue and red), you can try this:

In Word select \"find and change\" (I´m using german Word, so perhaps the names are not exactly the same, but I´m sure you´ll find them). Click on \"Extended\". In \"Search for\" put: \"\". So you´ll get \"\" in th
... See more
From \"Options\" select \"Translated text colours\" and choose red for source text and blue for both fuzzy and 100% match.

To get source text and translated text in two lines of a document (and to make them blue and red), you can try this:

In Word select \"find and change\" (I´m using german Word, so perhaps the names are not exactly the same, but I´m sure you´ll find them). Click on \"Extended\". In \"Search for\" put: \"\". So you´ll get \"\" in the \"search for\" field. Go to \"fortmat\", \"characters\" and select \"hidden\".

Place the cursor in the \"replace with\" and select \"Others\", select \"new paragraph\" (^p).

Let Word search and replace all occurances of this. Then copy \"^#\" from the \"search for\" field and put it there once again, so you get: \"\", replace all again. Repeat this operation for the third number (\"\"). You replaced all TRADOS marks for 0%, nn% and 100% matches, which are in between the source and translatet text.

Now you need to replace the beginning and end marks with nothing.

In \"search for\" put \"{0>\", in replace with delete everything and let it empty. Replace all. Then put \"
Collapse

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:21
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Thank you Jerzey Oct 8, 2002

I will try your solution and let you know if it worked with me or not

I really hope it will, otherwise it will be a very long assignment.

thank you again.

Respectfully,

Monika

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:21
English to German
+ ...
Why not use two columns...? Oct 8, 2002

Assuming you are working in MS Word - why don\'t you translate as usual, and subsequently arrange source&target in a two-column document? Might be easier to achieve... probably not 110% of what your customer imagined, but IME pragmatic solutions are often acceptable.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-10-08 08:17 ]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados: Keeping the source and the translation without the Tags

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »