Mobile menu

Translating new vocabulary for CESR/OAM from French
Thread poster: petersr
English to French
Jan 16, 2007

There's a new directive by the Committee of European Securities Regulators (CESR) that corporations are going to need to comply with by January 20, 2007. The directive creates Officially Appointed Mechanisms (OAM).

I have the titles in French, and I need to translate them into English. Most of them are typical (i.e. pactes d'actionnaires, franchissements de seuils, etc.). The problem is that there's one that I can't find in English:

"Modalités de mise à disposition"

Here's a description of what it is: communiqué précisant les modalités de mise à disposition des documents préparatoires d'une assemblée générale.

I can translate it generically as "availability plan", but there must be a more specific translation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote
Local time: 00:05
English to Latvian
+ ...
Kudoz Jan 16, 2007

I think this would be a Kudoz question.

Try to check out this link:

RobinB  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:05
German to English
Try elsewhere.... Jan 16, 2007

I'd suggest asking this question on the Financial Translators forum at

which is largely (90%+) Fr-En/En-Fr and is frequented by some of the very best financial translators in the world. Very high-powered, very high-end. But anybody can ask intelligent questions, mind...

A couple of thoughts, though: CESR doesn't issue directives, it issues guidance and interpretations etc. on EU directives. Just off the top of my head, I think that OAMs are linked to the Transparency Directive, so only apply to listed companies (information repositories for retail shareholders?).

English to French
Worked out great Jan 18, 2007

Thanks a lot for your help. I was able to get great responses from both resources.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating new vocabulary for CESR/OAM from French

Advanced search

Translation news

Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs