Mobile menu

Assessment for translator's performance
Thread poster: xxxdeleted.
Local time: 02:28
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jan 19, 2007

Hi, my employer wants me to develop an assessment sheet for translators, to build an evaluation system for translators' performance.

My employer employs a few translators (I'm sorry to say, my employer is not interested in employing accredited translators due to consideration of costs, but native checkers are employed to make sure the final work reads smoothly) to do translation for clients, and my employer wants to have a feedback system to identify areas of improvement so that training can be provided.

Any inputs on this?

Direct link Reply with quote

Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:28
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Thread on errors Jan 25, 2007

Perhaps the thread on "maximum no. of errors in translation" could be of help to you:

Contacting some universities with translation programs might be an idea - they obviously have to "grade" translators.

If you Google "translator assessment" and "translation quality control" you might be able to get some ideas and then come back and ask specific questions. It's hard to give an answer to such a broad question.

Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:28
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ... Jan 28, 2007

I have quite a bit of material on translation quality assessment in

[Edited at 2007-01-28 02:40]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Assessment for translator's performance

Advanced search

Translation news

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs