Mobile menu

translation memory software
Thread poster: vanilla_sky

Local time: 03:58
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jan 31, 2007

Dear Colleagues,

I've recentley heard of some websites which provide translation memory software such as SDL Trados. I need to know how such programs work. and what if I'm translating from a hard copy ?

Please provide me with your experience with such kinds of software.

Thanks a lot ,,

Direct link Reply with quote

Lawyer-Linguist  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:58
Dutch to English
+ ...
Technical Forum - Cat Tools Jan 31, 2007

Your best bet would be to surf the Technical Forum (on this site) and specifically the CAT Tool Support section.

There are plenty of threads that will answer most of your questions and which deal with all different types of CAT tools.

Many of these tools can be downloaded on a demo basis so you can see what suits you best.

If you are working from hard copy, you'd need to use software to convert that document into Word (for example) before using a CAT tool.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

translation memory software

Advanced search

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs