Thread poster: Danu
Danu  Identity Verified
Eritrea
Local time: 23:53
Member (2006)
English to Tigrinya
+ ...
Feb 23, 2007

Good to have me again in this forum. I am always happy of being part of this forum.

I would like to find information about purchasing books from Amazon and Ebay. Do these bookstores accept money payment through moneybookers.com.

Pls advice me on this.
Cheers
Danu

Direct link Reply with quote

nordiste  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:53
Member (2005)
English to French
+ ...
Remember that Paypal was created by Ebay ! Feb 23, 2007

As for Amazon paiement methods depends on the country since they now have lots of local branches :.fr , .co.uk, .com(US) , .de ...

Burrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:53
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Not as far as I know Feb 23, 2007

You might have some luck with individual ebay sellers as more and more of them have been abused by paypal and are trying to look into alternative payment methods. However Amazon accepts only traditional payments (cards), as far as I know. I was actually buying some books from them the other day and paid specific attention to payment methods. But that was only UK Amazon.

Rgds,
Ines

JaneTranslates  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Local time: 16:53
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
PayPal and eBay are affiliated. Feb 23, 2007

nordiste wrote:

Remember that PayPal was created by Ebay!

Actually, I don't think that's true. I think eBay bought PayPal after it became the favorite method of payment among eBay sellers and buyers. When I registered at PayPal it was not yet affiliated with eBay.

Just for the record.

Jane

Danu  Identity Verified
Eritrea
Local time: 23:53
Member (2006)
English to Tigrinya
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What another option do I have Feb 24, 2007

Thanks first for your replies.

Paypal does not have that service in my country, Eritrea. And, credit cards are not practised well here. Let me extend one question, What are the major bookstores that accept moneybookers.com? if you know any.

Thanks,
Danu

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

method of payment to bookstores

Advanced search

Translation news

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs