Mobile menu

Off topic: Transferring folders from MS Outlook Express from one PC to another
Thread poster: Antoinette-M. Sixt Ruth

Antoinette-M. Sixt Ruth  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:46
English to German
+ ...
Dec 18, 2002

Can anyone help me in how to transfer (\"export\") all my mail folders from MS Outlook Express under Windows 98 SE from my old PC to the MS Outlook Express under Windows XP Professional on my new PC?

I succeeded transferring my Outlook files (.pst); but the folders did not come along.

Antoinette-M. Sixt Ruth

Direct link Reply with quote
Local time: 00:46
Dutch to English
+ ...
File export Dec 18, 2002

Goto File>Import and Export>Export data to a file>personal files (.pst), click on the files you want to export, marque include subfiles>give the destination and name of the .pst file on your hard-disk and click \"Finish\". A .pst file will be created. Burn it on a CD or save it on a ZIP-drive (it will usually be bigger than 1.44MB). When you have installed XP you must import that .pst file.

Michel Dessaintes
Local time: 00:46
English to French
Outlook Express : Folders save/restore Jan 4, 2003

There are many additional possibilities :

(1) Copy the whole directory from source to target location (source is at menu \"Option\", tab \"Maintenance\", button \"Dossier de stockage\" - in French, it\'s the second button)

This can be done by copying the whole directory to a floppy disk, or zipped (WinZip or other tools).

To reimport them :

- Copy the save files to the new folder,

- redefine this new path on the target computer.

The problem with this method is only the emails and their structure are exported, no rules,...

(2) Use a software (like

The best solution is (2).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transferring folders from MS Outlook Express from one PC to another

Advanced search

Translation news

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs