Good resources for learning about my PC (Word, Outlook, XP)?
Thread poster: lien
lien
lien
Netherlands
Local time: 08:06
English to French
+ ...
Dec 27, 2002

all of you for the tips. It is so easy when you know what to do. Which bring me to another question; I would like to learn about computers, not only how to use Word or Outlook, I mean how to manage my PC. Where do I start? Someone know a good reference book? There are thousands of them and I would not prefer to begin with the 800 pages of the Windows XP. I may consult it later, if I need to buy it, but I would like to be able first to understand the basics and from there go in the details.

Geneviève von Levetzow
Geneviève von Levetzow  Identity Verified
French to German
+ ...
Le mieux... Dec 27, 2002

est de s\'abonner à un ou deux journaux informatiques online. Et de les lire régulièrement.

Si j\'ai des problèmes avec mon ordinateur -comme les derniers jours où j\'ai fait pas mal de modifications dans les partitions -, je cherche la solution dans des journaux, pas dans des livres qui sont déjà presque dépassés avant de paraître.

Il existe également des mailing-lists où l\'on peut poser des questions et se faire aider.

Bonne chance ... See more
est de s\'abonner à un ou deux journaux informatiques online. Et de les lire régulièrement.

Si j\'ai des problèmes avec mon ordinateur -comme les derniers jours où j\'ai fait pas mal de modifications dans les partitions -, je cherche la solution dans des journaux, pas dans des livres qui sont déjà presque dépassés avant de paraître.

Il existe également des mailing-lists où l\'on peut poser des questions et se faire aider.

Bonne chance

Geneviève
Collapse

lien
lien
Netherlands
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Merci Genevieve Dec 28, 2002

My title summarize my main point

achisholm
achisholm
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:06
Italian to English
+ ...
Woodys office for mere mortals Dec 28, 2002

This is not a site for tutorials, but anyone using office on a daily basis can gain a lot of tips and help about all the \"quirks\" and \"features\" of all the Microsoft productivity suites. The main address is www.wopr.com and there are various newsletters etc. that you can subscribe to. The language is in english.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Good resources for learning about my PC (Word, Outlook, XP)?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »