Problem with MS Word view - anyone could help?
Thread poster: MariusV

MariusV  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 13:50
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
May 23, 2007

Hi,

I have a small issue, but do not know how to solve it:

I open a MS Word file - all is OK, I see text, BUT I do not see pictures and diagrams in Normal (usual) view. I manage to see them only in "Print Preview" mode, but then I cannot edit them. And when I return to the usual view mode, I do not see them. Any idea how to solve this funny issue?

P.S. I use Windows XP, Office 2003

Direct link Reply with quote

Henrik Pipoyan  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:50
Member (2004)
English to Armenian
Hi Marius May 23, 2007

Try changing the view mode to "Print Layout". This way you should be able to see and edit them. It's the third command in the View menu, below the "Web Layout" command.

If this doesn't help, go to Tools > Options, open the View tab and see if the "Drawings" field is checked. It's in the third section, under "Print and Web Layout Options". It should be checked for the drawings to display.

I hope this helps.

MariusV  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 13:50
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Henrik May 23, 2007

the 2nd option helped "Drawings" field is now checked and I can see what I wanted to see!

[Edited at 2007-05-23 20:33]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with MS Word view - anyone could help?

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums