Windows Vista and Trados
Thread poster: Gabriela González

Gabriela González  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:50
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 25, 2008

Good afternoon,

Does anybody know if Trados Freelance 7.0 (not 7.1 or 8.0, which are the latest versions) is compatible with Windows Vista?
I mean, if I buy a laptop with Windows Vista (pre-installed), will it be possible for me to press F1 and find help when I use Trados 7.0?

Thank you.

Gabriela

Direct link Reply with quote

Marcelo Silveyra
United States
Local time: 09:50
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Yep Feb 25, 2008

They're perfectly compatible, at least on my system and according to other people's reports here on ProZ. Just don't forget to install Trados (and Multiterm) by selecting the "Run as Administrator" option when running the setup file (it'll show up if you right-click on the file). I don't have Windows Vista in Spanish, but I imagine it would read something like "Ejecutar como administrador" or something along those lines.

Don't forget, however, that Trados 7 is not compatible with Office 2007 (just in case you were planning to upgrade).

LegalTransform  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:50
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
How ridiculous ! Feb 26, 2008

A $900 piece of software that runs off of Word and it is not compatible with the latest version? I wonder if free upgrades be provided or if users will be forced to spend another $900 on Version 8?

Marcelo Silveyra wrote:

They're perfectly compatible, at least on my system and according to other people's reports here on ProZ. Just don't forget to install Trados (and Multiterm) by selecting the "Run as Administrator" option when running the setup file (it'll show up if you right-click on the file). I don't have Windows Vista in Spanish, but I imagine it would read something like "Ejecutar como administrador" or something along those lines.

Don't forget, however, that Trados 7 is not compatible with Office 2007 (just in case you were planning to upgrade).

Ivana Kahle  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 18:50
Member (2007)
German to Croatian
+ ...
Trados 8.0 and Windows Vista Feb 26, 2008

[quote]Jeff Whittaker wrote:

A $900 piece of software that runs off of Word and it is not compatible with the latest version? I wonder if free upgrades be provided or if users will be forced to spend another $900 on Version 8?

Trados 8.0 is dead slow on Vista. I wonder if that is a Trados-related or Office-related problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Windows Vista and Trados

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs