translate quotations from a book or copy-paste?
Thread poster: Sher
Sher
Sher
Local time: 23:59
Turkish to French
+ ...
Mar 13, 2008

Hi there,
I'm new here and a bit lost...
Anyway, here I am, translator and editor of books in social sciences, philosophy, spiritual themes and for kids.
I'm now editing a book in which there are a lot of quotations of whole paragraphs from famous books like the ones of Descartes, Kant, etc.
The translator has translated them himself.
But do you think that one should rather search for the ready published translation and just copy the relevant paragraph?

... See more
Hi there,
I'm new here and a bit lost...
Anyway, here I am, translator and editor of books in social sciences, philosophy, spiritual themes and for kids.
I'm now editing a book in which there are a lot of quotations of whole paragraphs from famous books like the ones of Descartes, Kant, etc.
The translator has translated them himself.
But do you think that one should rather search for the ready published translation and just copy the relevant paragraph?

Thanks!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

translate quotations from a book or copy-paste?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »