Mobile menu

Thread poster: Nikolay Nikolov

Nikolay Nikolov
Local time: 21:49
Bulgarian to English
+ ...
Apr 7, 2008

recently I was told that ErrorSpy ( was used to check my translation for term compliance. Any opinions on that program?
Thank you,

Direct link Reply with quote
Kevin Fulton
United States
Local time: 14:49
German to English
Useful for consistency check Apr 7, 2008

I've worked with agencies that employ ErrorSpy. It's useful for catching mismatched numbers in texts and inconsistent terminology/punctuation in repeated phrases. Its real utility is in comparing translations performed by a team to ensure consistency.

On the other hand, like any tool, not all the data it generates is useful.

Mahmoud Rayyan  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:49
English to Arabic
I used this tool Jul 4, 2008

I worked on this tool, both the trial and the licensed version for about 6 months,and you know from my experience the trial version is more stable than the licensed one, it is really usefull in the hyperlinks, if you are working on files containing hyperlinks and you want to check if they are not deleted undeliberately it is a good tool, als the numbers it checks the numbers in both the source and the target, but if you typed the numbers in charachters you will get many fake error messages (if you typed five instead of 5 in the sources)
all in all it is a good tool specially for hyperlinks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

Translation news

Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs