Thread poster: Nikolay Nikolov
Nikolay Nikolov
Nikolay Nikolov
Local time: 14:36
Bulgarian to English
+ ...
Apr 7, 2008

Hi,

recently I was told that ErrorSpy (http://www.dog-gmbh.com/index.php?id=44&L=1) was used to check my translation for term compliance. Any opinions on that program?
Thank you,

nikolay

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:36
German to English
Useful for consistency check Apr 7, 2008

I've worked with agencies that employ ErrorSpy. It's useful for catching mismatched numbers in texts and inconsistent terminology/punctuation in repeated phrases. Its real utility is in comparing translations performed by a team to ensure consistency.

On the other hand, like any tool, not all the data it generates is useful.

Mahmoud Rayyan
Mahmoud Rayyan  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 13:36
English to Arabic
I used this tool Jul 4, 2008

I worked on this tool, both the trial and the licensed version for about 6 months,and you know from my experience the trial version is more stable than the licensed one, it is really usefull in the hyperlinks, if you are working on files containing hyperlinks and you want to check if they are not deleted undeliberately it is a good tool, als the numbers it checks the numbers in both the source and the target, but if you typed the numbers in charachters you will get many fake error messages (if y... See more
I worked on this tool, both the trial and the licensed version for about 6 months,and you know from my experience the trial version is more stable than the licensed one, it is really usefull in the hyperlinks, if you are working on files containing hyperlinks and you want to check if they are not deleted undeliberately it is a good tool, als the numbers it checks the numbers in both the source and the target, but if you typed the numbers in charachters you will get many fake error messages (if you typed five instead of 5 in the sources)
all in all it is a good tool specially for hyperlinks
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ErrorSpy

Translation news

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »