Mobile menu

Seeking recommendation for Engl-Germ Dict on Psychotherapy/Psychology
Thread poster: Brainstorm

Local time: 20:11
German to English
+ ...
Apr 14, 2003

Seeking recommendation for Engl-Germ Dict on psychotherapy/psychology! Thank you for your help! Anni

Direct link Reply with quote
Sonja Tomaskovic  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:11
English to German
+ ...
No recommendation... Apr 14, 2003

... just a short list.

Rebecca Holmes
United States
Local time: 14:11
German to English
Dictionary by Haas Apr 14, 2003

I own the set of German-English / English/German dictionaries from Haas which appear in the above list (unfortunately they are the only ones I own on this subject) and would only give them a very mixed recommendation. The set that I have were published in the 1980s and most of the terminology is geared to psychological jargon and topics popular at that time and not necessarily still current. Not to mention the fact that there was some kind of printing error in my German-English copy and two pages are completely missing where there should be entries. I wouldn\'t recommend purchasing them unless there is meanwhile an updated version or you really can\'t find anything else.

I wish I could recommend what to purchase in the field, but frankly I would like to know myself!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Seeking recommendation for Engl-Germ Dict on Psychotherapy/Psychology

Advanced search

Translation news

The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs