Thread poster: Adriana Johnston
Adriana Johnston  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:21
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 23, 2008

Hello everyone,

Does any one know where I can get samples of translated criminal background reports or documents from Spanish to English?

Also, I would like to know if any of you know of any individual or agency that can proofread a translated document at a low rate or for free.

Thank you all so much for your cooperation.

Direct link Reply with quote

Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:21
English to German
+ ...
Hm.. some concerns. Apr 25, 2008

Firstly, we are talking about documents of highly confidential nature.
Secondly, due to the highly confidential nature of such documents, such files will not be given to the cheap, unregistered breed of translators or the ones who are working for free (see above) as such documents must be accompanied by a notarized declaration by the translator / the agency at all times.

Providing such documents to a third party is unlawful and I have a hunch that you won't be very successful with your request.

Edit: Sorry, I don't mean to sound rude or arrogant. I am translating such documents by the dozen. I know that the agencies who are assigning these jobs to me have done a full background check on me, and that's how it's supposed to be. These documents are too important - you just don't gamble with that.

If you are interested in working on personal documents, find an agency that is specializing in this kind of work (the good ones have a public notary in-house). Start out with proofreading and gain their trust.

Imagine: You want to emigrate / immigrate and somebody would treat your personal documents like that: having them translated by beginners or as a freebie. A minor mistranslation might get you into jail.

[Edited at 2008-04-25 04:59]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

getting a proofreader/translation samples

Advanced search

Translation news

Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs