Mobile menu

Any comments on Oxford Duden Italian - English?
Thread poster: Bea Szirti
Bea Szirti
Local time: 05:42
English to Hungarian
+ ...
May 29, 2008

I often translate Italian to Hungarian and have the English Hungarian version of Duden. Hungarian Italian doesn't exist, unfortunately. As it is a great and rich resource for technical terms I thought in emergency I could use the English Italian one.
This is what I have found:

Are there different, maybe updated editions?

Is there a downloadable version maybe that I could buy?

Any comment and advice would be great.

Bea Szirti

Direct link Reply with quote

Gennady Lapardin  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 06:42
Italian to Russian
+ ...
The price at is too high May 29, 2008

Hi Bea,
51 pounds is too much. Try to find it at maximum 30-40 USD, search the web or ask in the bookstores, somewhere should be. I wouldn't call it invaluable, when you have an ASDL connection. It is a useful quick reference at hand for "triangle" translations, in my case from IT through ENG into RU, and vice versa. It does spare time of surfing the net, yet I prefer surfing and always manage to find necessary parallel texts and illustrations. Now we have such big resources as multilingual Wikipedia and others. The last time I looked through my IT-ENG Duden was a few months ago.
I think there are no downloadable versions of Pictorial Dudens.

Bea Szirti wrote:
Any comment and advice would be great.
Bea Szirti

[Edited at 2008-05-29 20:30]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any comments on Oxford Duden Italian - English?

Advanced search

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs