Mobile menu

Any comments on Oxford Duden Italian - English?
Thread poster: Bea Szirti
Bea Szirti
Local time: 16:56
English to Hungarian
+ ...
May 29, 2008

Hi,
I often translate Italian to Hungarian and have the English Hungarian version of Duden. Hungarian Italian doesn't exist, unfortunately. As it is a great and rich resource for technical terms I thought in emergency I could use the English Italian one.
This is what I have found:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Oxford-Duden-Pictorial-Italian-English-Dictionary/dp/0198645171

Are there different, maybe updated editions?

Is there a downloadable version maybe that I could buy?

Any comment and advice would be great.

Thanks

Bea Szirti

Direct link Reply with quote

Gennady Lapardin  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 17:56
Italian to Russian
+ ...
The price at amazon.com is too high May 29, 2008

Hi Bea,
51 pounds is too much. Try to find it at maximum 30-40 USD, search the web or ask in the bookstores, somewhere should be. I wouldn't call it invaluable, when you have an ASDL connection. It is a useful quick reference at hand for "triangle" translations, in my case from IT through ENG into RU, and vice versa. It does spare time of surfing the net, yet I prefer surfing and always manage to find necessary parallel texts and illustrations. Now we have such big resources as multilingual Wikipedia and others. The last time I looked through my IT-ENG Duden was a few months ago.
I think there are no downloadable versions of Pictorial Dudens.
GL

Bea Szirti wrote:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Oxford-Duden-Pictorial-Italian-English-Dictionary/dp/0198645171
Any comment and advice would be great.
Thanks
Bea Szirti

[Edited at 2008-05-29 20:30]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any comments on Oxford Duden Italian - English?

Advanced search

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs