Trados 5.5 & 6
Thread poster: Ines Garcia Botana
Ines Garcia Botana
Ines Garcia Botana  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:07
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 6, 2003

I\'d like to know what\'s the main difference between Trados 5.5 and 6, as I have to make a decision on either one. Any information I can get on this matter will be appreciated.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 22:07
SITE FOUNDER
TRADOS 6.0 is the 5.5 Power Pack (and a bit more) May 6, 2003

TRADOS 6.0 includes everything that was in the TRADOS 5.5 \"Power Pack\" (Multiterm iX for terminology management, T-Windows for translating in Excel, etc., and the XML validator), plus some changes to the interface, and support for compatibility with the TRADOS TM Server.

If you have 5.5, the upgrade is just 55$/euro. If you are trying to decide which to buy, there would be no reason to buy 5.5 new. If you buy 5.5 used, you will want to upgrade (so just do the math--your pr
... See more
TRADOS 6.0 includes everything that was in the TRADOS 5.5 \"Power Pack\" (Multiterm iX for terminology management, T-Windows for translating in Excel, etc., and the XML validator), plus some changes to the interface, and support for compatibility with the TRADOS TM Server.

If you have 5.5, the upgrade is just 55$/euro. If you are trying to decide which to buy, there would be no reason to buy 5.5 new. If you buy 5.5 used, you will want to upgrade (so just do the math--your price for 6.0 will be whatever you pay for the used copy, plus 55$/euro.)

By comparison, we are selling TRADOS 6.0 on TGB, new and direct from TRADOS, for $595 right now. http://www.translatorgroupbuying.com
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:07
English to German
+ ...
Functional upgrade for WinAlign May 6, 2003

I take it it\'s the Freelance version you\'re looking at - there\'s an overview of changes on TranslationZone. IMO the most important change is the extension of edit functions in WinAlign - I had a look at the new version at CeBIT in March, and it is a real improvement.

HTH - best regards, Ralf

Alexandra Becker
Alexandra Becker
Germany
Local time: 04:07
English to German
+ ...
Where do I get this cheager upgrade?? Jun 26, 2003

As I already have 5.5 there is no need to upgrade from 5.0. So where can I buy this price-reduced upgrade??

Henry wrote:

TRADOS 6.0 includes everything that was in the TRADOS 5.5 "Power Pack" (Multiterm iX for terminology management, T-Windows for translating in Excel, etc., and the XML validator), plus some changes to the interface, and support for compatibility with the TRADOS TM Server.

If you have 5.5, the upgrade is just 55$/euro. If you are trying to decide which to buy, there would be no reason to buy 5.5 new. If you buy 5.5 used, you will want to upgrade (so just do the math--your price for 6.0 will be whatever you pay for the used copy, plus 55$/euro.)

By comparison, we are selling TRADOS 6.0 on TGB, new and direct from TRADOS, for $595 right now. http://www.translatorgroupbuying.com

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 5.5 & 6

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »