Any suggestion for accounting tools other than TO3000?
Thread poster: toubabou
toubabou
toubabou
Local time: 22:22
English to French
Jun 18, 2008

Has anyone heard of or seen any good tool less cumbersome than TO3000 to handle all aspects of translation billing from Project reception to Invoice delivering? I am starting to dislike TO3000 because it is just not very user friendly (i.e. too cumbersome and tedious). Thanks

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-06-18 21:46]

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 21:22
Spanish
+ ...
TOM and TransProCalc Jun 18, 2008

TOM is a similar alternative to TO. Although when I tried it, I thought it was much more complicated to use. I've always found TO very easy to use but if you don't like it, you don't like it. There's also TransProCalc created by Anthony Baldwin. I haven't used it but you might like it, and it's free.

Kevin Lossner
Kevin Lossner  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 03:22
German to English
+ ...
LTC Jun 18, 2008

LTC is fairly straightforward, though it is significantly more expensive than the alternatives, and support is spotty in some cases. Another disadvantage is the need for Crystal Reports to modify your forms. The reports are rather nice and good for getting a quick overview of your business.

toubabou
toubabou
Local time: 22:22
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you fot these suggestions Jun 18, 2008

I am sort of hoping that someone has heard of a Filemaker Pro template that could be modified to perfectly match my needs. I don't use a lot of the TO features and I wish for some other ones which are missing. Oh well, maybe one day someone will have the same idea and have the time to implement it. If only I had the time!! Thanks anyway, I will check out these other links.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any suggestion for accounting tools other than TO3000?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »