https://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/109696-terminological_resources.html

Terminological Resources
Thread poster: isabel duran
isabel duran
isabel duran
Spain
Local time: 14:27
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 8, 2008

Dear all,
My name is Isabel Durán, a translator and guest researcher at the Research Group in Computational Linguistics (University of Wolverhampton).

As part of my research, I've elaborated a survey to know more about the translators' needs and expectation in relation to terminological resources available at the moment.
I would be very pleased if you fill in the survey, or if not possible, forward it to some collegues, translators, interpreters, terminologists, etc.... See more
Dear all,
My name is Isabel Durán, a translator and guest researcher at the Research Group in Computational Linguistics (University of Wolverhampton).

As part of my research, I've elaborated a survey to know more about the translators' needs and expectation in relation to terminological resources available at the moment.
I would be very pleased if you fill in the survey, or if not possible, forward it to some collegues, translators, interpreters, terminologists, etc.

The link is here: http://clg.wlv.ac.uk/surveys/survey.php?sid=29 (English version).

If you have some kind of comment, suggestion, enquiry, etc., I would be pleased to receive it.

Thanks in advance!

Isabel Durán Muñoz
Guest Researcher
Research Group in Computational Linguistics
University of Wolverhampton
Collapse

Mahmoud Rayyan
Mahmoud Rayyan  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
I did it Jul 10, 2008

Dear Isabel
You are welcome in this site,
I did the survey, it is good, I hope this help you in your research
Good luck

isabel duran
isabel duran
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Jul 16, 2008

Thanks to all that have answered my survey. I really appreciate it!!

Regards,
Isabel

Nelida Kreer
Nelida Kreer  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:27
English to Spanish
+ ...
Have completed the survey today. Jul 17, 2008

My profound admiration goes out to you for taking up research work in a field which we translators sorely need to be updated and evolve at the same breakneck speed of advances in every area of knowledge. I have completed the survey today and hope that it is of some help at least. Best regards.

Maria Elena Martinez
Maria Elena Martinez  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Spanish
+ ...
I have also completed the survey Jul 20, 2008

Hi Isabel,
I have also completed the survey today and I hope it will be useful in your research!

Paula Tizzano Fernández
Paula Tizzano Fernández  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:27
English to Spanish
+ ...
A wonderful initiative. It was nice to help. Aug 19, 2008

Dear Isabel:

I also filled in your survey.
There is so much to do yet about resources. Your work could help a lot.
You are very fortunate to be able to research.
I used to teach Epistemology and Scientific Research Methodology at University of Buenos Aires some years ago. I miss all that from time to time, but it is hard to translate and research at the same time. I admire your effort and encourage you to press ahead!

Count on my support!

... See more
Dear Isabel:

I also filled in your survey.
There is so much to do yet about resources. Your work could help a lot.
You are very fortunate to be able to research.
I used to teach Epistemology and Scientific Research Methodology at University of Buenos Aires some years ago. I miss all that from time to time, but it is hard to translate and research at the same time. I admire your effort and encourage you to press ahead!

Count on my support!

With respect,

Paula
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Terminological Resources

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »