Mobile menu

Is end-of-month invoicing possible in Translation Office 3000?
Thread poster: Simon Bruni

Simon Bruni  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:51
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
Jul 11, 2008

Dear colleagues,

I am trying out the trial version of Translation Office 3000 and one of the first things I have noticed is that there is no option for end-of-month invoicing. The choice is to invoice immediately for the job or to wait for an accumulation up to a given amount with that particular client.

I invoice all of my clients at the end of the month for all of the jobs completed within that month, whether they amount to 10 euros or 4,000 (I wish...). This suits my clients and suits me and I imagine it's quite common practice, but there doesn't seem to be any way of doing this in TO 3000.

My questions are:

Is there any way around this?

Is this kind of inflexibility present throughout TO 3000? I don't really want to be told when or how I should do things by a computer programme...

Thanks in advance for your input

Direct link Reply with quote

MGL  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:51
Russian to English
I have just been poking around this morning Jul 11, 2008

and I found this thread

Neil's second post on Jul 1 seems to have one option that may work for monthly billing.

Not sure which version you have, but maybe this will work for you.

Neil Allen  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:51
French to English
No problems with billing any period Jul 11, 2008

Hi Simon,

There is no problem about billing any period in TO3000. When you generate an invoice for a client, you choose the jobs to add to it. If you wish to invoice just once a month, you would simply, for each client, create an invoice once a month and add all completed jobs to it (there is a button to do this automatically)

As for inflexibility, I have two main gripes with TO3000:

1) The imposed directory structure - it would be much nicer to be able to assign a directory to each job by simply browsing to it.

2) The artificial distinction between a "project" and a "job" -- I have still not seen any convincing justification for this, no matter what the workflow of the translator. Also, if directories could be chosen per job, there would be even less reason for it, as jobs could be grouped together by putting them in the same root directory.

However, these are minor gripes. I estimate that TO3000 saves me five or six hours of work a month and I consider it essential software.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is end-of-month invoicing possible in Translation Office 3000?

Advanced search

Translation news

The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs