https://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/109948-is_end_of_month_invoicing_possible_in_translation_office_3000.html

Is end-of-month invoicing possible in Translation Office 3000?
Thread poster: Simon Bruni
Simon Bruni
Simon Bruni  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:40
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
Jul 11, 2008

Dear colleagues,

I am trying out the trial version of Translation Office 3000 and one of the first things I have noticed is that there is no option for end-of-month invoicing. The choice is to invoice immediately for the job or to wait for an accumulation up to a given amount with that particular client.

I invoice all of my clients at the end of the month for all of the jobs completed within that month, whether they amount to 10 euros or 4,000 (I wish...). This suits m
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I am trying out the trial version of Translation Office 3000 and one of the first things I have noticed is that there is no option for end-of-month invoicing. The choice is to invoice immediately for the job or to wait for an accumulation up to a given amount with that particular client.

I invoice all of my clients at the end of the month for all of the jobs completed within that month, whether they amount to 10 euros or 4,000 (I wish...). This suits my clients and suits me and I imagine it's quite common practice, but there doesn't seem to be any way of doing this in TO 3000.

My questions are:

Is there any way around this?

And

Is this kind of inflexibility present throughout TO 3000? I don't really want to be told when or how I should do things by a computer programme...

Thanks in advance for your input
Collapse

MGL
MGL  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 02:40
Russian to English
I have just been poking around this morning Jul 11, 2008

and I found this thread
http://www.proz.com/forum/software_applications/107129-to3000_version_90.html

Neil's second post on Jul 1 seems to have one option that may work for monthly billing.

Not sure which version you have, but maybe this will work for you.

Neil Allen
Neil Allen  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:40
French to English
No problems with billing any period Jul 11, 2008

Hi Simon,

There is no problem about billing any period in TO3000. When you generate an invoice for a client, you choose the jobs to add to it. If you wish to invoice just once a month, you would simply, for each client, create an invoice once a month and add all completed jobs to it (there is a button to do this automatically)

As for inflexibility, I have two main gripes with TO3000:

1) The imposed directory structure - it would be much nicer to be able to
... See more
Hi Simon,

There is no problem about billing any period in TO3000. When you generate an invoice for a client, you choose the jobs to add to it. If you wish to invoice just once a month, you would simply, for each client, create an invoice once a month and add all completed jobs to it (there is a button to do this automatically)

As for inflexibility, I have two main gripes with TO3000:

1) The imposed directory structure - it would be much nicer to be able to assign a directory to each job by simply browsing to it.

2) The artificial distinction between a "project" and a "job" -- I have still not seen any convincing justification for this, no matter what the workflow of the translator. Also, if directories could be chosen per job, there would be even less reason for it, as jobs could be grouped together by putting them in the same root directory.

However, these are minor gripes. I estimate that TO3000 saves me five or six hours of work a month and I consider it essential software.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is end-of-month invoicing possible in Translation Office 3000?

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »