Mobile menu

Can anyone recommend translation software for French/English/French?
Thread poster: Sibylle101
Sibylle101
United States
Local time: 18:50
English to French
Jul 17, 2008

Can anyone recommend a translation software for French/English/French.
And, if possible easy to use and not too expensive.
Thanks a million!
Sib.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-07-17 16:09]

Direct link Reply with quote

Daniel Šebesta  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 00:50
Member (2007)
English to Czech
+ ...
Language-specific? Jul 17, 2008

Sibylle101 wrote:

Can anyone recommend a translation software for French/English/French.

CAT tools are not language-specific; they normally support all major languages. Or did you rather mean language-specific resources, such as electronic dictionaries?

Daniel

Sibylle101
United States
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
"Can anyone recommend translation software for French/English/French?" Jul 17, 2008

Actually, I found this website, TranslationSoftware4u.com, that sells translation software. I don't know anything about this software and was wondering if anybody does and I would welcome any comments.
Thank you.

xxxmediamatrix
Local time: 20:50
Spanish to English
+ ...
'nuf zed! Jul 18, 2008

Sibylle101 wrote:

Actually, I found this website, TranslationSoftware4u.com, that sells translation software. I don't know anything about this software and was wondering if anybody does and I would welcome any comments.
Thank you.

That web-site speaks for itself, and for the products it sells.

TranslationSoftware4u.com wrote (here: http://www.translationsoftware4u.com/english/english-translation-software.php (my bold type))

This award winning translation software can convert English to and from many languages while maintaining your documents format in some of the most popular offce programs.

TranslateYou can translate any type of text document including, German emails, Microsoft Word Documents, Text, Web pages, Files, letters, Forms, Correspondence, Power Point, Excel, and more with the click of your mouse button!

Systran's English translation software has a complete line of products that , making translating English affordable for everyone! Take a look at our line of English translation programs and click on the product for more information.

Translates both American English and British English dialects.

Choose a which version below, then on the next page select your translation language.

In brief: it doesn't matter how good your translation software is - if you aren't going to bother proof-reading the output than you'd do better growing tomatoes (perhaps...).

MediaMatrix

B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:50
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
What's the point? Jul 25, 2008

mediamatrix wrote:

In brief: it doesn't matter how good your translation software is - if you aren't going to bother proof-reading the output than you'd do better growing tomatoes (perhaps...).

MediaMatrix

You'd get better results and have more time for your tomato growing if you avoided these machine translation products altogether!

Jorge Melo
Chile
English to Spanish
+ ...
Good ally Jul 30, 2008

CAT tools are good allies when the source text has a lot of repeted words. If not it's just a waste of time and money.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can anyone recommend translation software for French/English/French?

Advanced search

Translation news

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs