Thread poster: cheryl bermudez

cheryl bermudez  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:52
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 4, 2008

Hi everyone,

Does someone knows where in New York I can find a bookstore where they sell specialized dictionaries, like "Diccionario Enciclopedico de Terminos Tecnicos: Ingles - Espanol/Espanol - Ingles, by J.L. Collazo (April 1, 1997)"; or "Multilingual Dictionary of Aviation and Aeronautical Terminology in English - French - Spanish "Dictionnaire Complet de Terminologie de l'Aviation --- Diccionario. del Aeronautica, by Advisory Group Aerospace Research (Jan 1, 1984)"; or even "Spanish to English and English to Spanish Dictionary of Aviation Terminology : Termonologia Aeronautica Espanol - INgles y Ingles - Espanol, by Jorge Garcia de la Cuesta (Jan 1, 2003).

I hope someone can help me.

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:52
Partial member
+ ...
Lea Books Aug 4, 2008

Hi Cheryl,

Lea Books has a very important catalog of dictionaries. I once was looking for a specific dictionary and Lea Books was the only library that carried it; I ended up buying the dictionary from a colleague but I was impressed by the catalog and by how knowledgeable the owner was.

Here's the information:

Angel Capellán, Ph. D., President
LEA Book Distributors
170-23 83rd Avenue
Jamaica Hills, New York 11432, USA
Tel. 1(718) 291-9891 *** Fax.: 1(718) 291-9830
E-Mail Address:
Web Site:

I still have the catalog of dictionaries, if you send me your email, I can forward it to you.

analytical  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:52
Member (2008)
German to English
+ ...
Impressive dictionary listing Aug 4, 2008

Hi Claudia,

Thanks for pointing out this website. Lea Books really has an impressive listing of dictionaries. This is just what I was looking for as I am extending my dictionary library and it will help me researching the titles. Great 'one-stop-shopping'!

All the best,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bookstore for translators

Advanced search

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs