Thread poster: Evelyne Morel
Evelyne Morel
Evelyne Morel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:17
English to French
Oct 8, 2008

Hi everyone !

I would need your help to convert a .txt memory into a TMX format for my client.
I cannot do it myselft because my wordfast version is quite old and do not enable me to do it.
My client is using Trados and needs the memory undert TMX format.

Can anyone help me ?

Thank you in advance

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Assuming a Wordfast TXT TM Oct 8, 2008

Evelyne Morel wrote:
I would need your help to convert a .txt memory into a TMX format for my client.
I cannot do it myselft because my wordfast version is quite old and do not enable me to do it.

Join the Wordfast Yahoogroup ([email protected]), and then look in their files section on http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/wordfast/ for a file named Wf2Tmx.exe (or just Wf2Tmx). It converts files in both directions.

Evelyne Morel
Evelyne Morel  Identity Verified
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 8, 2008

Samuel,

I will try that and let you know if this is working.
I thank you very much for your help.

Simon Mountifield
Simon Mountifield  Identity Verified
French to English
Olifant Oct 8, 2008

Hi,

Are you sure that you can't convert it with your version of Wordfast? Normally, you would call up the TM editor (from the toolbar or using Ctrl+Alt+M x 2), click on "tools", and in the "Special filters" drop-down list, select "Export TM as TMX".

Otherwise, you could try using a great piece of free software called Olifant. Basically, open your text memory, click on "File > Export" and then select the appropriate format from the list. It's also great for converting T
... See more
Hi,

Are you sure that you can't convert it with your version of Wordfast? Normally, you would call up the TM editor (from the toolbar or using Ctrl+Alt+M x 2), click on "tools", and in the "Special filters" drop-down list, select "Export TM as TMX".

Otherwise, you could try using a great piece of free software called Olifant. Basically, open your text memory, click on "File > Export" and then select the appropriate format from the list. It's also great for converting TMX memories into Wordfast txt format.

By the way, whatever you do, save a copy of your memory just in case!

Hope that helps,

Simon
Collapse

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
I'm adding Olifant to the wiki article on TMX conversion... Oct 8, 2008

have a look here and feel free to contribute!

http://www.proz.com/prozwiki/en:Wordfast

Maren Mentor
Maren Mentor  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:17
English to German
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Oct 1, 2012

Hello Samuel,

Years after your post, but I just followed your suggestion, and I am immensely grateful to you and the author of that little tool - it works like a charm!

Best regards,

Maren

Tony M
Tony M
France
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Olifant? Oct 1, 2012

Lori Cirefice wrote:

have a look here and feel free to contribute!

http://www.proz.com/prozwiki/en:Wordfast

I just went to look, but the page seems to be blank.

Does anyone know where it might have gone?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help Convert txt to TMX

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »