Mobile menu

Where can I find the American "Form of Solemnization of Matrimony" in Russian?
Thread poster: Vitals

Vitals  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 23:30
Member (2008)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Oct 13, 2008

Здравствуйте, дорогие коллеги!

Перевожу несколько христианских церемоний бракосочетания, которые проводились по одной и той же американской формулировке под названием "The Form of Solemnization of Matrimony". Может, Вы где-нибудь сталкивались с русским эквивалентом? Буду благодарен за любую помощь. Спасибо. (Сама формулировка выглядит так:

http://209.85.135.104/search?q=cache:q7S7oR8T4M8J:www.heyshamparish.org.uk/hp/tradwed.pdf%20Solemnization%20of%20Matrimony&hl=lt&ct=clnk&cd=9&gl=lt

Direct link Reply with quote

Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:30
Spanish to English
+ ...
No standardized American form Oct 13, 2008

I assume that "American" in this case means "of the United States."

Marriage in the U.S. is not a federal function; it is regulated independently by each of the states and territories, which each have different procedures and forms.

[Edited at 2008-10-13 23:41]

Lithuania
Member (2008)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Need a CHIRSTAIN form Oct 14, 2008

Благодарю за ответ.

Я забыл указать, что мне нужна именно ХРИСТИАНСКАЯ формулировка бракосочетания. Например, протестантские церкви в Америке всё делают по одному шаблону, который указан в ссылке.

Jenny Forbes  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:30
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Marriage contract? Oct 14, 2008

Isn't it simply "the marriage contract"?
In the UK, at any rate, marriage is a contract, whether undertaken in church or in a civil ceremony, and the certificate the couple signs after taking the vows in both cases is a legal contract. I suspect it's the same in the USA, but couldn't swear to it. In France, I believe, a church wedding (if any) has to be followed by the civil ceremony at the town hall.
Best wishes,
Jenny

P.S. I like your disappearing biscuit (US - cookie)!

[Edited at 2008-10-14 07:17]

Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:30
Spanish to English
+ ...
Okay... can't actually read your messages Oct 14, 2008

The subject lines are in English, but the messages are displaying in Cyrillic letters.

[Edited at 2008-10-14 17:05]

Lithuania
Member (2008)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry Oct 14, 2008

Since my forum title had "Russian" in it, I supposed you could read Russian, so I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

I just meant to say that I need the Russian version of the standard American Christian Form of the Marriage Ceremony, which is performed in any Protestant, Baptist church and many other churches. So far I haven't found a good translation, so I will probably have to do the way you always have to do it...translate it on your own...

Still trust that someone will help me find a good translation.

Thanks for participation!

Jenny Forbes  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Wedding ceremony or sacrament of marriage Oct 15, 2008

I think "wedding ceremony" would be fine for a marriage in church. The Church of England (and the Catholic Church, I think) says that marriage is one of the sacraments, so in a formal, religious sense, you could say "the sacrament of marriage".
By the way, Henry VIII, Renaissance King of England, invented the Church of England with himself as its head and, as everyone knows, was very keen on marrying.
Best wishes,
Jenny

[Edited at 2008-10-15 07:31]

KSL Berlin  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
If you are talking about the official forms registering a marriage... Oct 15, 2008

like Steve said, these will differ for each state, possibly even for each county. You won't find a "Christian" form either I suspect; even if a Christian minister performs the ceremony, it will likely be recorded on the same forms as those used for a Jew, a Muslim or an atheist. There might be a pretty display certificate for framing that looks "Christian", but these may not be official, and I doubt that there would be much consistency in practice between the myriad Christian sects in the US.

Lithuania
Member (2008)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How about the one in the link? Oct 15, 2008

Thank you for your input, colleagues.

The thing is that I actually need the Russian version of the Matrimony Form indicated in my first post - it's in the link above (I will repost it again below). This form is used in hundreds of American and European churches (Protestant predominantly). I am sure someone translated it before, as it is so widely used.

If anyone finds it in Russian, please, let me know.

http://209.85.135.104/search?q=cache:q7S7oR8T4M8J:www.heysh amparish.org.uk/hp/tradwed.pdf+Solemnization+of+Matrimony&hl =lt&ct=clnk&cd=9&gl=lt

KSL Berlin  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
Sorry, that's not a form Oct 15, 2008

We misunderstood. That is the script for the ceremony. There are still quite a few versions of this written in English of varying degrees of obsolescence.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where can I find the American "Form of Solemnization of Matrimony" in Russian?

Advanced search

Translation news

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs