Mobile menu

please i need a DMA (sign language) teacher
Thread poster: taiwo146
taiwo146
English to Sign Language
+ ...
Jun 13, 2003

Let me start by saying I am neither deaf nor dumb. Wanted to help myself by learning sign language; there's neither harm nor loss in learning sign language, you would agree with me. So far, i know how to sign letters and I must tell you, it was my search for a manual that teaches how to sign words that brought me to this site.
My email ad- taiwo146@yahoo.com

Direct link Reply with quote

Sherey Gould  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:24
German to English
community college Jun 13, 2003

check the class offerings at your local community college where tuitions are usually ridiculously low (if you are in the US - or similar facilities if you are elsewhere) -- I did the very same thing, signed up for a sign language course at my local community college last fall - for nor "real" reason other than I've always wanted to learn it! I always thought how "neat" to be able to communicate with select people all over the world in essentially any language by using THIS one... of course, have since learned there are regional differences as with any language, but still....!

Nina Engberg  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:24
English to Swedish
+ ...
Try www.languagepilot.com Jun 14, 2003

taiwo146 wrote:

Let me start by saying I am neither deaf nor dumb. Wanted to help myself by learning sign language; there's neither harm nor loss in learning sign language, you would agree with me. So far, i know how to sign letters and I must tell you, it was my search for a manual that teaches how to sign words that brought me to this site.
My email ad- taiwo146@yahoo.com[/quote]

You can try www.languagepilot.com, or take a look at this document:
http://www.tau.ac.il/admissions/foreign.doc

Good luck!

Nina

vikstar
Local time: 17:24
English to French
+ ...
go for it! Jun 16, 2003

I learn sign language at the age of about 11 and have found that ten years later I still remember it, even though I have never used it.

I would recommend doing a course, as this is the best way, in my opinion, to learn a language. If you know any deaf people, perhaps you could go along and speak to them - they can lip read and help you out!

Good luck anyway,

Vicki x

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

please i need a DMA (sign language) teacher

Advanced search

Translation news

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs