Mobile menu

MS Word for translators - pages with tips
Thread poster: sylver

sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:05
English to French
Jun 14, 2003

Dear all,
After being a while in different translator forums, I noted that a lack of knowledge in Microsoft Word is the source of *many* technical problems encountered by translators, especially when working with Trados or Wordfast.

Having a bit of spare time lately, I wrote several pages describing basic and not so basic functions of Word presenting a particular interest to translators, including common shortcuts, how to customize shortcuts, and Word's workspace, Find and Replace, tables, recording macros, and a few other things.

Those interested can find the pages at www.your-translations.com

Cheers,
Sylvain

Direct link Reply with quote

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 23:05
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks, Sylvain Jun 14, 2003

Many thanks, Sylvain

Very interesting, and useful tips! While I do think that I'm Word savvy, there's always something new to learn... and your excellent work will contribute to help us.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

And, by the way, I also understood why Thailand!

Regards,

Clarisa Moraña

Suzanne Bernard
Local time: 23:05
English to French
+ ...
Another resource Jun 14, 2003

Another very useful resource for Word users is "Special Edition Using Microsoft Word 2000" by Bill Camarda (also available for other versions)- ISBN: 0-7897-1852-9. It gives detailed explanations, with examples and screen shots on just about every page.

For more information see www.quecorp.com

Cheers,

Suzanne

Nitza Ramos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:05
Spanish to English
+ ...
Good contribution.... Jun 14, 2003

Sylvain,

Thank you for sharing!!

Nitza

sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:05
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Glad Jun 15, 2003

you seem to like it. If you have suggestions, corrections, or request, please let me know.

I will do my best to make it as useful as possible.

Cheers,
Sylvain

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MS Word for translators - pages with tips

Advanced search

Translation news

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs