Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Can you recommend a PDF converter and/or OCR?
Thread poster: Pristine
Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:22
English to French
+ ...
Nuance PDF Converter Pro 6 available at a lower price until February 28 Jan 28, 2010

As a user of Nuance products, I got promo mail over the past days about PDF Converter Pro 6. It is on sale until February 28 at $79.99 (the regular price is $99.99).

I cannot speak for those who use this product as I instead have their upscale product, OmniPage ($500), which I am really satisfied with. However, I know that many PDF Converter users are quite happy with this software.

If you would like to buy the software at this special price, reference promo code 380024
... See more
As a user of Nuance products, I got promo mail over the past days about PDF Converter Pro 6. It is on sale until February 28 at $79.99 (the regular price is $99.99).

I cannot speak for those who use this product as I instead have their upscale product, OmniPage ($500), which I am really satisfied with. However, I know that many PDF Converter users are quite happy with this software.

If you would like to buy the software at this special price, reference promo code 3800246809 when you order at nuance.com.
Collapse

Pablo Bouvier
Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:22
German to Spanish
+ ...
Can you recommend a PDF converter and/or OCR? Jan 28, 2010

Seamus Moran wrote:

I'd like to know the answer to the last question too as I need to buy a PDF converter very soon!

I will not recommend you any conversion software as pdf > to doc, rtf conversions are always a headache and each piece of software may be more or less useful in behalf of what you want to get.

However, before to decide may be you would give a try to the procedure I described here a few month ago.

If this procedure does not convince you as it is not a simple procedure (but it saves me a lot of after-formatting), I would decide on some of the said products of Abby or Nuance.

[Editado a las 2010-01-28 19:20 GMT]

Lana Rachkovskaya
Lana Rachkovskaya  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:22
English to Russian
+ ...
ABBYY FineReader Jan 28, 2010

ABBYY FineReader is great and works with most languages. If you work with scans a lot, it's worth the price.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can you recommend a PDF converter and/or OCR?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »