Sidra
Sidra
Brazil
Local time: 06:37
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Oct 21, 2008

Hello Everyone!
I am trying to convert php files to html. Any idea how I can do that?
Thanks in advance for suggestions.
Best regards,
Jade

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:37
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
One solution Oct 21, 2008

Layla Aldworth wrote:

One solution is to upload file to a PHP-capable web server and then view it in your browser. Use the Save As function. The saved file will be in HTML.

But jokes aside, why do you want to do this? What are you toing to do with the HTML file? What sections of the PHP file do you want in HTML? I'm asking because there is no one-to-one way to convert PHP to HTML. The conversion is not lossless.

Shouguang Cao
Shouguang Cao  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 17:37
English to Chinese
+ ...
server-side Oct 21, 2008

Samuel Murray wrote:

Layla Aldworth wrote:

One solution is to upload file to a PHP-capable web server and then view it in your browser. Use the Save As function. The saved file will be in HTML.

But jokes aside, why do you want to do this? What are you toing to do with the HTML file? What sections of the PHP file do you want in HTML? I'm asking because there is no one-to-one way to convert PHP to HTML. The conversion is not lossless.

Samuel is right. One fundamental difference between PHP and HTML is that PHP runs at the server side and the result is then sent to the client as HTML. If you convert PHP using this method, the embeded variables and serverside codes will be lost.

Again, you don't need to do the conversion. PHP is plain text and can be opened with any text editors.

[Edited at 2008-10-21 06:34]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PHP Files > HTML

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »