Mobile menu

How to edit the keyboard shortcut list in windows xp.
Thread poster: Paola Lopez del Puerto Garcia

Paola Lopez del Puerto Garcia  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 14:44
English to Spanish
Oct 21, 2008

Hello Everyone,

I've recently run into a weird problem and I'd like to know if anyone can help:

I'm translating using tag editor, and when I try to get the "placeables" through the shortcut combination Ctrl + Alt + Arrow down, instead of inserting the placeable, my whole screen turns upside down. I know this is because it is set as a predefined shortcut in windows xp, and I'd like to edit the predefined windows shortcut list to get rid of the problem... but I've looked everywhere and I haven't found where to open/edit the shortcut list. Does anyone know how to do it?

Thanks in advance for your help
Kind regards,
Paola

Direct link Reply with quote

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 21:44
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Thankfully... Oct 21, 2008

Paola Lopez del Puerto Garcia wrote:
I'm translating using tag editor, and when I try to get the "placeables" through the shortcut combination Ctrl + Alt + Arrow down, instead of inserting the placeable, my whole screen turns upside down.

Thankfully, this is a common problem and one that has been solved. The problem lies with your graphics card software. See if there is an icon for it in your systray, and edit or disable the shortcuts there. Or see if there is a Start Menu item for it.

Paola Lopez del Puerto Garcia  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 14:44
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
worked like a charm!! Oct 21, 2008

Thank you very much Samuel.

It worked just fine, as you said, they were the shortcuts assigned in the graphics card.

Have a very nice day and thanks again for your super quick help!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to edit the keyboard shortcut list in windows xp.

Advanced search

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs