Thread poster: Greta Holmer

Greta Holmer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:39
Dutch to English
+ ...
Jun 20, 2003

Hi,

I am looking for a good German-Swedish dictionary CD-ROM. Does anyone know of one?
There is a Norstedts one but you can only get a 5 user or 20 user licence for 200 and 700 euros respectively and I would prefer to find one a little cheaper if at all possible!

I would really appreciate any information.
Thanks,
Greta

Direct link Reply with quote

Sven Petersson  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 20:39
English to Swedish
+ ...
There is none Jun 20, 2003

The Norstedts is very thin and disturbingly dated. Whenever I have to look up a word I have to go via Danish or English.

Egmont
Spain
Local time: 20:39
Afrikaans to Spanish
+ ...
DE-SVE Dic. Jun 20, 2003

Sven Petersson wrote:

The Norstedts is very thin and disturbingly dated. Whenever I have to look up a word I have to go via Danish or English.
Check this one for the moment...
http://http://pauker.at/deutsch/40Wrterbücher/20Schwedisch

Greta Holmer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:39
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Jun 22, 2003

Thanks for this but I was looking for something a little more technical as I have a very large chemical patent to translate.

I use Eurodicautom already and find that quite useful for technical terms but really wanted something a little more reliable (Eurodic tends to get very busy and seems to take forever).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maria Castro[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does anyone know a good German-Swedish dictionary

Advanced search

Translation news

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs